Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
If you have been told you are pre-diabetic or if you already have Type 2 Diabetes, there is a lot that we can do working together to help you regain control of your sugar levels. The programe will involve changes in lifestyle, eating and exercise which is simple to know but much harder to put into practice, which is why Simone will be there for you as your Healthcare Partner from ‘discovery to recovery’ – lets get to the root cause of your health issues and work backwards.
At 360 Health Consultancy, our approach is to break this down into 4 simple steps as you will see below.
3-month Restorative Plan
Your Functional Health Score devised by the Institute for Functional Medicine is an assessment of the extent to which your symptoms are affecting your daily life. You will be taken through a series of questions and the answers will be submitted to me so I can calculate your score out of 200. An ideal score is less than 15 so the higher your score, the more benefit you would get from professional intervention rather than trying to manage everything yourself.
You are welcome to check your health score for FREE anytime by clicking this button. If you decide to become a regular client, I will keep a log of your scores each month and we will be able to measure the effects of the interventions to ensure you are getting the results you need. Please note that you will need to complete this quiz on a laptop or desktop computer as it is not yet compatible with phones or tablets.
Step 1: Causality Investigations into Type 2 Diabetes
When you have been accepted as a client, you will be invited to complete 3 questionnaires as part of the initial investigations. The more detail you can provide in these crucial early steps, the better, so you may need to save your answers and come back to it later hen you have found out more dates or inforamtion.
in addition to being asked about your own health history, it is helpful (although not essential) if you can obtain information from your parents about their health when you were conceived, how your Mum was during the pregnancy, whether you were breast fed, what childhood illnesses you had, what conditions run in the family etc. This helps me to understand your heath during your early formative years because it could be that your current symptoms have been developing behind the scenes for a long time.
These 3 questionnaires will need to be completed on a desktop or laptop computer rather than your mobile device or tablet.
How long will the Type 2 Diabetes programme last?
Because this will involve lifestyle changes that need to be introduced at a rate that is realistic and achievable for you, this programme is for 3 months intensive focus, but if you need to lose weight then it may take longer depending upon many factors. For this reason, we will evaluate your progress each month and offer an extension beyond the 3 months if you require it.
Everyone starts at a different level and also has differing abilities to commit to change, some may need additional support such as counselling a personal trainer etc, all of which we can arrange through our portal but it is not possible to say how long it will take for you to get back to a sustained ‘ideal’ level, we can only say that with dedication and commitment it is definitely possible and Simone is here to help and encourage you every step of the way.
Step 2: One hour detailed Consultation
Type 2 Diabetes has many triggers such as stress, diet, quality of sleep, genetic predisposition, toxic exposure, ethnic group to name but a few. During our initial caustative investigations we will explore your health and lifestyle timeline and look at all the factors over the years that have led you to this stage.
Assessing your Cardio-metabolic health
Cardiometabolic disease describes a spectrum of conditions that all begin with insulin resistance, which then progress to metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes and finally to more severe conditions including cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Type 2 Diabetes.
The functional medicine and personalized nutrition approach allows us to tailor your health programme to intervene along that spectrum and aim to reverse the progression of chronic illness before further symptoms arise.
Step 3: Test, don't Guess
The two tests included in this package aim to assess whether you are showing any signs of cardio-metabolic syndrome as a pre-cursor to your Type 2 Diabetes. One measures the key nutrients in your body and grades them with a traffic light system to indicate the need for intervention. The other looks at your body’s ability to digest those nutrients and get them to where they are needed.
The testing kit will be delivered to your address and the courier will collect it from you when you are ready. The cost of the courier is included in the package so all you need to do is arrange a collection time.
A functional blood chemistry test is not included in the package because clients will need to find someone to do a blood draw for them which may well incur additional costs so we can arrange this separately if necessary.
This excellent and very detailed report indicates whether you have the right nutrients in your body for the cells to function at their best and for you to have the energy you need. It also looks at oxidative stress which is the ageing process, not just in your appearance, but inside your body as well. This video explains it very clearly.
This is an extremely thorough test that analyzes stool samples over a 3-day period. It is singularly the most informative and beneficial of all the panels I work with because it provides so much information about your gut health which is absolutely central to everything, not just your diabetes – your energy levels, the ageing process, your immunity, your ability to adapt to changes and stress etc. Everyone associates insulin with diabetes, but in fact it plays a critical role in the balance of a great many other hormones in your body, so it is very important that we understand your gut health overall.
You will receive a very detailed 12-page report looking at how your digestive system is functioning. This test looks for maldigestion, inflammation (the main cause of chronic disease), dysbiosis (the balance of good vs bad bacteria which is particularly important for anyone who has been on antibiotics), metabolic imbalance and infection. In each of these 5 categories, your body is ranked 1-10 on whether there is a low need for support, a moderate need or a high need for support right away.
Cardio-Metabolic Food Plan
There will probably be two stages to reversing yor Type 2 Diabetes. The first will inovle a detoxification phase to eliminate environmental and organic toxins so taht your immune system does not have to work so hard behind the scenes.
The second phas will be a tailored meal plan, most likely the Cardio-metabolic food plan to address Type 2 Diabetes with functional nutrition.
This is a very straightforward plan to follow and you will be offered various approaches to make it achievable for you. There is an online meal plan that changes each week, offering you delicious and nutritious recipes as well as generating a shopping list for the days you select. your favourite healthy recipes can be added and anything you really do not like can be removed.
This is not about adding ‘exotic’ foods but is rather about the balance of nutrient-dense foods and fibrous foods to help eliminate toxins. Simone will be on hand to guide you through the process using the chat facility in the Healthie platform, or on the fortnightly video progress report calls we will have.
Step 4: Advantages of Partnering with Simone
In order to support you to the best of my ability, we will be using a health portal which will allow us to communicate securely online. We will have video conferencing sessions, there is a secure chat facility, goal setting and accountability reminders, bespoke diet plans, an area where we can share your lab test results and if you choose to you can share your whole treatment plan with other practitioners involved in your care. The goal is to support you thoroughly so that you have continuity of care that will get you to a point where you are no longer classed as being ‘diabetic’ or ‘pre-diabetic’.
- No more ‘going it alone‘ and trying lots of therapies that don’t seem to work. Simone will be your Partner from Discovery to Recovery. I will not only recommend which tests and therapies may work for you, but I will discourage you from wasting money on unnecessary or inappropriate treatments.
- No more wondering what to eat and whether you will regret it later! Our meal plans are in-depth and tailored to meet your needs so that foods can be eliminated then reintroduced gradually once your gut lining has healed.
- Reduce the need for medication such as omeprazole! your body is trying to tell you something and it is NOT that you have a deficiency of drugs! Let’s get to the bottom of why you have acid reflux in the first place!
- If you sign up as a Member following your programme, you will receive 10% discount on supplements from The Natural Dispensary.
- No more repeating your symptoms and history to every health practitioner you meet. Our online portal will have a timeline of your health history, any interventions, diet plans, exercise plans and other relevant information needed. If you choose to share this with your healthcare team, Simone will co-ordinate a strategy of ‘joined-up-thinking’ with your other healthcare providers so we can all work together for your wellbeing and the best possible outcome.
- All our consultations are done online to relieve you of the stress and exhaustion of going out to your appointments.
- You have access to my calendar so you can book or reschedule appointments for your convenience.
- All the recommended tests are non-invasive which means that no blood draw is needed.
- The testing kits are sent to you at home for your convenience, then collected by courier when you are ready.
- Simone will identify trends that have developed year-on-year by creating a functional medicine timeline to see what has got you to this point in your health journey, then adding to the timeline each year giving you continuity of care and giving us the ability to spot ‘trends’ in your health with a view to identify potential warning signs early.
- No more confusion, isolation and lack of hope. Simone will help you fully understand the root causes of your health problems so that you will be empowered to make lifestyle and eating habits that will help you turn a corner towards a happier, healthier future where you will be able to reach your full potential without being held back by worsening chronic health problems.