Regulate Immune Function
6-month Restorative Plan
Who this programme is for:
- Weakened immune function
- Always catch bugs and viruses
- Vulnerable due to age or disability, physical inactivity etc
- Autoimmune diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Inflammatory bowel disorder (IBD)
Medical Symptoms Questionnaire
Your Functional Health Score devised by the Institute for Functional Medicine is an assessment of the extent to which your symptoms are affecting your daily life. You will be taken through a series of questions and the answers will be submitted to me so I can calculate your score out of 200. An ideal score is less than 15 so the higher your score, the more benefit you would get from professional intervention rather than trying to manage everything yourself.
You are welcome to check your health score for FREE anytime by clicking this button. If you decide to become a regular client, I will keep a log of your scores each month and we will be able to measure the effects of the interventions to ensure you are getting the results you need. Please note that you will need to complete this quiz on a laptop or desktop computer as it is not yet compatible with phones or tablets.
When you have been accepted as a client, you will be invited to complete 3 questionnaires as part of the initial investigations. The more detail you can provide in these crucial early steps, the better, so you may need to save your answers and come back to it later hen you have found out more dates or inforamtion.
in addition to being asked about your own health history, it is helpful (although not essential) if you can obtain information from your parents about their health when you were conceived, how your Mum was during the pregnancy, whether you were breast fed, what childhood illnesses you had, what conditions run in the family etc. This helps me to understand your heath during your early formative years because it could be that your current symptoms have been developing behind the scenes for a long time.
These 3 questionnaires will need to be completed on a desktop or laptop computer rather than your mobile device or tablet.
Investigations beyond Physical Symptoms
Broadly speaking, we want the answers to certain questions in order to understand the probable cause of YOUR immune dysregulation, which will be different from someone else’s, hence the need for a personalized plan.
- Is there a genetic component to your health problems, or childhood dietary or nutritional insufficiencies? (Remember, a genetic predisposition is NOT a diagnosis because those genes will only be triggered under certain biological, physical and environmental circumstances.
- Do you have mediating health problems such as leaky gut syndrome which are hindering your recovery?
- Does your body have the right nutrients for all the chemical reactions to take place that are required for a healthy immune response?
- Is you body able to effectively process those nutrients and get then to where they are needed for all the systems (immune, cardio-vascular, reproductive, respiratory etc) to function optimally?
- Is your body eliminating toxins effectively at both a cellular and systemic level?
- Could your lifestyle be contributing to weakened immunity EG poor eating habits, poor sleep and high stress levels leading to digestive disorders, unexplained weight gain, insomnia, depression, fatigue, poor skin, mood swings, over-thinking etc
We get the answers to these questions by using non-invasive stool, saliva and urine tests that you can do at home.
Which Tests Are Included in the Price?
Two extremely valuable foundation tests are included in this package that will give us insight into your gut function which is where 70% of your immune system is managed.
Beyond that there are additional tests which may be recommended according to your particular symptoms. Immune dysregulation can arise from a wide variety of causes so some people will benefit from a toxic exposure test to measure either organic or environmental toxins in their system, whilst other people may want genetic testing to be done. The cost of these additional test varies considerably but starts from as little as £60 if it is done as an add-on to one of the two tests that are already included.
This is a very detailed 12-page report looking at how your digestive system is functioning. This test looks for maldigestion, inflammation (the main cause of chronic disease), dysbiosis (the balance of good vs bad bacteria which is particularly important for anyone who has been on antibiotics), metabolic imbalance and infection. In each of these 5 categories, your body is ranked 1-10 on whether there is a low need for support, a moderate need or a high need for support right away.
This excellent and very detailed report indicates whether you have the right nutrients in your body for the cells to function at their best and for you to have the energy you need. It also looks at oxidative stress which is the ageing process, not just in your appearance, but inside your body as well. This video explains it very clearly.
Customisable Food Plans
Using your food as your medicine is particularly important whether you have a weakened immune system or an autoimmune condition (which could be regarded as an overactive immune system.) The reason for this is that 70% of your immune function is located in your gut. The challenge we need to overcome is that chronic illness weakens the gut, but a weakened gut function triggers chronic illness.
Throughout our 6 months working closely together, you will have access to our customisable diet plans. This means that I will select a plan appropriate to your current state of health – elimination diet, anti-inflammatory diet, mitochondrial support etc – and you will have a pre-populated weekly meal plan timetable that you can use as-is or alter to suit your taste using a ‘recipe bin’ of alternative meals in that same category.
As we regulate your immune function, it is probably that your diet plan will change as your health changes and we need to emphasise different aspects of your nutrition.
- The cheapest and healthiest way to recover is to use your food as your medicine! Let us help you to help yourself1
- No more wondering ‘what shall we eat today’?
- No more wasted food at the back of the fridge – your shopping list is there ready for you, just check on your app while you are out or print it off and give it to someone else to buy if you feel too unwell to go shopping.
- Special dietary needs catered for EG vegetarian, vegan etc
- Realistic food plans for ‘real’ people who want lifestyle improvements, not unsustainable short term diets.
Note from Simone: I feel very strongly that meal times should be one of life’s great pleasures, not a punishment full of guilt trips! My goal is to help you to eventually be healthy enough for your system to have enough capacity for treats, parties etc to not leave you suffering the consequences for days afterwards. This definitely does not happen overnight and in the short term there will be tough choices, but over time your gut can heal and your quality of life can return. Working together we will ensure these changes are realistic and achievable day by day.
Advantages of Partnering with Simone
- No more ‘going it alone’ and trying lots of therapies that don’t seem to work. Simone will be your Partner from Discovery to Recovery. I will not only recommend which tests and therapies may work for you, but I will discourage you from wasting money on unnecessary or inappropriate treatments.
- No more repeating your symptoms and history to every health practitioner you meet. Our online portal will have a timeline of your health history, any interventions, diet plans, exercise plans and other relevant information needed. If you choose to share this with your healthcare team, Simone will co-ordinate a strategy of ‘joined-up-thinking’ with your other healthcare providers so we can all work together for your wellbeing and the best possible outcome.
- All our consultations are done online to relieve you of the stress and exhaustion of going out to your appointments.
- You have access to my calendar so you can book or reschedule appointments for your convenience.
- All the recommended tests are non-invasive which means that no blood draw is needed.
- The testing kits are sent to you at home for your convenience, then collected by courier when you are ready.
- Simone will identify trends that have developed year-on-year by creating a functional medicine timeline to see what has got you to this point in your health journey, then adding to the timeline each year giving you continuity of care and giving us the ability to spot ‘trends’ in your health with a view to identify potential warning signs early.
- No more confusion, isolation and lack of hope. Simone will help you fully understand the root causes of your health problems so that you will be empowered to make lifestyle and eating habits that will help you turn a corner towards a happier, healthier future where you will be able to reach your full potential without being held back by worsening chronic health problems.