What is Included
- Home Testing Kit (Known as GI Effects) with clear instructions on what to do.
- Courier delivery and collection to your home
- Access to secure Online Health Portal for your personalized health programme, chat facility, TeleMedicine conferencing with Simone and much more.
- 1 hour Discovery consultation to discuss the progression of your health problems.
- Laboratory and Clinician analysis of your test.
- Written Report on the laboratory and investigatory findings
- Advice on integrating lifestyle changes that may improve or eliminate your symptoms
- Personalized Nutritional and Supplement Recommendations (supplements are not included)
- Guidelines on your sustained recovery going forward.
Who is this for…
If you suffer from any of the following, then this assessment will be beneficial to you.
It is particularly useful for distinguishing between inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Abdominal pain
- Gas, bloating and indigestion
- To identify an infection or dysbiosis in the gut
- If you regularly feel the need to take medication for indigestion – you are not suffering from an omeprazole deficiency!! Let’s get to the root cause of the problem!
What you need to do
This test is a one-day stool sample. If, however, there is a likelihood of a parasitic infection, then a 3-day sample will be necessary. Please speak with Simone directly if this is likely to be the case and extra specimen jars will be sent out to you.
The testing kit will be sent to you at home (all countries except the USA)
What this assessment tells us
The three main areas that the biomarkers give us information about are:
- Your ability to digest food and absorb the goodness from it.
- Inflammation and immunology is measured to gauge whether you have an allergic response to something in the gut. The test also looks for ‘hidden blood’ that may be present in the stool but not immediately obvious when you have a bowel movement. The American College of Gastroenetrology recommends this as a non-invasive test for colorectal cancer screening/detection.
- The health of your gut microbiome. Which good and bad bacteria are present in your gut, yeast, parasites etc.
A structured fecal biomarker panel such as this offers the advantage of assessing multiple functional areas that may be contributing to symptoms. For example, diarrhea could stem from multiple causes including pancreatic exocrine insufficiency, inflammation, food allergies, or the presence of a pathogenic or potentially pathogenic organism. A positive result on one or more fecal biomarker tests may guide therapy, either by suggesting a treatable alternative diagnosis or by eliminating a diagnosis from further consideration. The latter allows individualized targeted treatment to be redirected to more likely diagnoses.
Test results will be put on your Health Portal for you to share with other healthcare professionals, should you choose to do so. Your nutritional plans and recommendations will also be put online for you to access at your convenience.
Additional Biomarkers Available:
Please contact Simone Buehner directly if you would like to add these tests.
- Clostridium difficile
- Escherichia coli
- Fecal Lactoferrin
- Helicobacter pylori
- Macro Exam for Worms
- Zonulin Family Peptide
- KOH Preparation for Yeast