Why High Achievers have a Chief Health Officer
Using the functional Medicine Timeline I will gain an in-depth understanding of your underlying health and what has led you to where you are today, what your genetic predispositions are based on family health history (and lab tests if necessary) and what major life events or stressors are impacting your response to stress.
Prevention of Illness
The state-of-the-art medical records systems I use will proactively alert me if your symptoms show that you have fallen into the ‘at risk’ category for catching Covid-19. We can then immediately begin a programme to strengthen your immune system and alleviate as many symptoms as possible BEFORE you get ill.
Save time by having non-invasive lab testing kits sent to your address and later collected by courier. These tests range from measuring your hormonal levels, wake-sleep cycle, digestive function, immune function, stress levels and even genetic markers. Gathering information this way acts as an ‘early warning system’ BEFORE you experience any symptoms or have time off work.
Online Consultations within 48 hours
Once you are accepted as a regular client, you will have access to health advice even at short notice.
Whether you are travelling or if you simply want all your medical records in one place to show to various members of your healthcare team our online medical records system makes it quick an easy for you to book or change appointments, have a video consultation or get quick advice. You have a GDPR and HIPAA- compliant secure portal where we can share documents, diet plans, lab reports, book or reschedule appointments, secure virtual chat, synchronize your FitBit and much more.
Keeping you on your A-Game
Do you love your chosen career path but know deep-down that the long hours you work, the skipped meals, lack of sleep, the gradual weight gain, creaky knees, brain fog, aches and pains are ‘the price you pay’ for your success? Well I am delighted to say that it doesn’t have to be that way!
Be Inspired, motivated and held accountable to stay on track with your goals
We can work together in many different ways to fit in with your schedule and location.
- Functional Medicine Consultations in the UK or internationally via secure TeleHealth platform
- 1-hour Free Webinars
- Half-day online workshops
- 6-week themed group programme (stress management, immune-booster, menopause management etc)
- 3 or 6 month bespoke programme (tailored to meet your needs)
- 12-month DreamCatcher Challenge
- Acupuncture near Cardiff, UK
- Chinese Herbal remedies and nutritional consultations
Whichever you choose, I will show you how functional medicine (often called ‘lifestyle medicine’ in the UK) can help prevent and treat chronic health problems, slow the signs of ageing and improve your quality of life.
Take the DreamCatcher Challenge
Do you still have dreams that you put ‘on hold’ while you focused on your career, family or finances only to find that now you are too physically or mentally exhausted to rekindle those dreams?
It’s now or never! Join the DreamCatcher Challenge and start making it happen!
The image here is of the Functional Medicine Tree. It shows how we gather information from the roots upwards. You will notice that unlike conventional medicine, we do not just treat symptoms (the leaves) as we believe they are just a manifestation of something that has gone out of balance inside your body.
The information is gathered using three detailed intake questionnaires that you will need to complete before our 60-minute 1:1 TeleMedicine appointment. By the time we meet, I will have spent a great deal of time putting together your Functional Medicine Timeline so that we can discuss trends in your health patterns, identify antecedents, triggers and mediators including any genetic predispositions.
I will also have prepared your Functional Medicine Matrix, which is a visual representation of the systems in your body that are most out of balance. This will give us a clear indication of where treatment needs to start to gain the most benefit and which laboratory tests would give us useful ‘behind-the-scenes’ information. This leads us to Step 2: Analyze…
Once we have identified which of the 7 main body systems are out of balance, our motto is Test, don’t Guess!
State-of-the-art Gut function, hormone levels and genetic test kits can be sent to your home for you to provide a sample, then our courier will collect them and take them to the lab. There are hundreds of tests we can choose from to tailor the right ones for you so that we can get to the root cause of your health issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
You will receive a highly detailed A4 report with your timeline, matrix, medical symptoms questionnaire (MSQ) and Functional Medicine Prescription. This will be our working document for your care plan.
At this stage you can opt to either take the document to work on the plan yourself, or you can begin a 6-month Implementation Motivation and Accountability Plan with me, which is Step 4: Integrate…
This step is the Integration phase where we kick-start the reversal of chronic health problems with a 6-month care plan backed up by 1:1 TeleMedicine appointments. a health platform, monthly metrics review, fit-bit integration for logging exercise routines and much more.
This I-MAP is your path to optimum health and broadly includes the following, although it will be tailored to meet your specific needs:-
- Institute for Functional Medicine Diet Plan tailored to your personal needs and preferences EG Core diet, mitochondrial support, cardio-metabolic, elimination diet, food sensitivities ReNew plan etc.
- Food diary, recipes, food planning guidance, phytonutrient guide.
- Meditation and relaxation guidance to fit with your schedule and level of experience.
- Monthly assessments of your symptoms using the MSQ Score to track progress
- Monthly World Health Organization assessment to measure your mental and emotional wellbeing
- Fortnightly 30-minute 1:1 sessions to check in personally
- Weekly exercise/yoga sessions
- Weekly weigh in stats submission if appropriate, so your progress graph can be updated.
- Online health portal with secure video-conferencing, chat facility for you to send quick questions, upload reports, food diary etc
- Monthly reports with the update of your timeline and matrix, your statistics and the updated plan for the coming month.
There are several types of nutrition plan that can be tailored to meet your needs whether you are vegan, vegetarian or if you have cultural preferences regarding your food, I am happy to work with you to find something that suits you personally.
- Core Food Plan to help you eat a more nutritious diet and ease your way off processed foods and convenience food.
- Mito Food Plan for mitochondrial support to boost your energy and balance hormones
- Elimination Diet to help identify food intolerance
- ReNew Food Plan to reduce inflammation and lower the toxic burden
- Cardio-metabolic food plan good for weight management and cardiac health
This is your guide to Sustained Recovery. I will ensure you have the information you need to continue your success beyond our time working together. This programme is about lifestyle change and lasting health habits combined with routine health checks along the way to keep an eye on what is going on ‘behind-the-scenes’ in your body.
6 months with your Chief Health Officer
We have the R.E.C.I.P.E.S. to focus on and improve your health all the main areas
If we take a snapshot view of your health today, would it fall into the ‘asset’ or ‘liability’ category of a business balance sheet?