To find out whether your gut micorbiome is functioning as effectively as possible to help you resist infection or recover as thoroughly and promptly as possible. Understanding the level of inflammation in your body will also help to be aware of and rectify risk factors for contacting Covid-19 or developing long covid.
Comprehensive Adrenal Stress Profile
Similar to the bronze package, this profile measures Cortisol and DHEA, but in addition we measure
SIgA is an important indicator of digestive immune function. Chronic intestinal infections (due to bacterial, yeast or parasites), food sensitivities, aging, antibiotics, medication and stress all decrease sIgA levels. Low levels can lead to recurrent infections and food intolerances. Very low levels of this important antibody class have also been observed in autistic spectrum disorders.
Cortisol Awakening Response
This s a saliva test that measures the hormones that govern your wake-sleep cycle to find out whether you are getting adequate rest for your body to recover and renew itself. This is an important factor for shift workers or those who work long hours because the balance of these hormones will affect your immunity, digestion, energy levels etc.
Metabolomix+ : A Non-Invasive Personalised Assessment
The Metabolomix+ is a unique combination of nutritional tests that provides an analysis of key nutritional biomarkers. A first morning void (FMV) urine collection, with optional add-on bloodspot finger stick and buccal swab, the Metabolomix+ nutritional test is a non-invasive, patient-friendly way to assess the functional need for antioxidants, B-vitamins, minerals, digestive support, fatty acids, and amino acids. Insights gained from the Metabolomix+ nutritional test allows clinicians to target nutritional therapies to the precise needs of their patients.
The aim of this test is to assess 5 Key areas of Your Gut Microbiome and use a ‘traffic light’ system to indicate the level of intervention needed in each category.
- Metabolic Imbalance
The Metabolomix+ Profile report categorizes results into several metabolic areas:
- Organic Acids
- Malabsorption and Dysbiosis
- Cellular Energy and Mitochondrial Metabolites
- Neurotransmitter Metabolites
- Vitamin Markers
- Toxin and Detoxification Markers
- Tyrosine Metabolism
- Amino Acids
- Nutritionally Essential Amino Acids
- Nonessential Protein Amino Acids
- Intermediary Metabolites
- Dietary Peptide Related Markers
- Oxidative Stress Markers
- Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids – Bloodspot (if selected as add-on profile)
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids
- Omega 9 Fatty Acids
- Saturated Fatty Acids
- Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Delta-6 Desaturase Activity
- Cardiovascular Risk
- Nutrient and Toxic Elements (if selected as add-on profile)
- Genomics: these SNPs are included unless you specify that you prefer not to know
- MTHFR Combined (A1298C + C677T)
- COMT (V158M)
How Is It Tested?
- First Morning Void urine sample
- 4 x saliva samples taken at regular intervals
- Bloodspot (finger prick)
- Buccal swab for genomics